The Shape of a Céile Dé Teaching Retreat
Céile Dé annual residential teaching retreats are intensive, deliberately so, in order to create conditions that people are generally unable to manifest by themselves at home and in their everyday lives. This also gives people who are following the tradition an opportunity to receive sufficient material to work with until their next annual teaching retreat.
We aim to hold silence at all times outside of sessions.
- Days begin with meditation before breakfast.
- Generally there are two sessions of around one hour's duration every morning, with a break between for silent reflection. Afternoons are a similar shape, but often with more time available to spend in quite reflection, either in Nature or indoors, as you wish.
- There is another meditation or some other spiritual practice before dinner.
- There is usually some free time after dinner - but optional events are available, giving retreatants the choice to rest a little - or stay intense!
- Every day ends with a meditation around 9 pm, after which we go straight to bed and hope for rich dreams after a day filled with soul nourishment.
Our annual gathering is a ‘Teaching Retreat’, because it is residential, the teaching sessions are supported by frequent contemplative practices, and a peaceful silence is held at all times between teaching sessions in order to aid absorption of the powerful energies transmitted during teachings and practices. You can read more about the culture of silence at our teaching retreats HERE.
Our 2020 gathering will be housed at this modern retreat center and sustainable farm on 137 acres, bounded on three sides by the Vermillion River, about 45 miles west of Cleveland, Ohio. All rooms have private baths. For more information about Bellwether Farm, including driving directions, you can visit http://www.bellwetherfarm.com.
Newcomers will have the opportunity for ongoing study and spiritual practice within existing Céile Dé groups that offer a powerful container for those who seek a path that invites commitment and openness to real inner change.
Registration & Payment Information
Places are limited, so please pay your deposit promptly to reserve your place. Your deposit of $100 is due by February 28. Balances are due by March 28. If your balance remains unpaid after March 28 and we have not heard from you, we will assume that you have cancelled your registration and will offer your place to someone on the waiting list.
Payment by mail:
- Register here online and choose Invoice Me. (Do not follow the link to online payment.) You will receive an invoice by email.
- Print out the invoice and mail it with your check to:
Termonn - East Coast Chapter
c/o Melinda Gardiner
5 Dawson Road
Hillsdale, NY 12529
Make the check payable to Termonn - East Coast Chapter. Be sure to write "2020 Ohio Teaching Retreat" in the memo line of your check.
- Your deposit and any other payments will be applied to your invoice.
- Your balance is due by March 28 and can be paid by mail or online.
You can register and pay the total amount using a credit or debit card through PayPal. Complete your registration online, and then continue to the payments page by clicking the Pay Online button. (Sorry, but we can accept only full payments, not partial payments, via PayPal.)
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received before March 28 will receive refunds of the amount paid, minus the $100 deposit. No refund will be made for cancellations after March 28.
Scholarships: Scholarships for retreat registration costs (but not for travel expenses) are available as Termonn Trust funds allow. Be sure to register and pay your deposit before February 28 and follow the instructions on the Scholarships page on this website.
Donations to Termonn Trust