The Shape of a Céile Dé Teaching Retreat
Oíde Sue Mosher will be joining us again at St Andrews bringing material that she and Sr. Fionn have selected for us.
Céile Dé annual residential teaching retreats are intensive, deliberately so, in order to create conditions that people are generally unable to manifest by themselves at home and in their everyday lives. This also gives people who are following the tradition an opportunity to receive sufficient material to work with until their next annual teaching retreat...
We aim to hold silence at all times outside of sessions.
- Days begin with meditation before breakfast.
- Generally there are two sessions of around one hour's duration every morning, with a break between for silent reflection. Afternoons are a similar shape, but there is more time available to spend in quite reflection, either in Nature or indoors, as you wish.
- There is another meditation, or some other spiritual practice, before dinner.
- There is usually some free time after dinner - but optional events are available, giving retreatants the choice to rest a little - or stay intense!
- Every day ends with a meditation around 9 pm, after which we go straight to bed and hope for rich dreams after a day filled with soul nourishment.
Our annual gathering is a ‘Teaching Retreat’, because it is residential, the teaching sessions are supported by frequent contemplative practices, and because a peaceful silence is held at all times between teaching sessions in order to aid absorption of the powerful energies transmitted during teachings and practices. You can read more about the culture of silence at our teaching retreats HERE.
St Andrew's House Retreat Center
Newcomers will have the opportunity to consider further, ongoing teachings and practices within groups in both WA and OR, that will offer a powerful container for those who seek a path that invites commitment and openness to real inner change.
Registration & Payment Information
1) Register here online, but do not follow the link to pay online. You will receive an invoice by email.
2) Print out the invoice and mail it with your $100 deposit by July 1st, 2019 to:Carol Kenagy, 63248 Rossby St., Bend, OR 97703
Please make checks out to "NW Termonn". Be sure to write "2019 Teaching Retreat" in the memo line of your check.
3) Your deposit and any other payments will be applied to your invoice.
4) Your balance is due by September 1st, 2019 and can be paid by mail or online.
Now, you can also register and pay the total amount using a credit or debit card via PayPal (sorry, you cannot make partial payments via PayPal at this time). Complete your registration online and then continue by clicking the PAY button.
Scholarships for retreat registration costs (but not for travel expenses) are available as Termonn Trust funds allow. Be sure to pay your deposit by mail by July 1st and follow the instructions on the Scholarships page on this website.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: Please be certain that you are committed to attending this retreat before you register. Your $100 deposit is not refundable, and if the deposit is not paid in a timely manner, we reserve the right to offer your place to someone else. Cancellations received before September 1 will receive refunds of the amount paid, minus the $100 deposit, only if we are able to fill your place with another retreatant. No refund will be made for cancellations after September 1.
Donations to Termonn Trust