The Shape of a Céile Dé Teaching Retreat
Céile Dé annual in-person teaching retreats are designed to be intense, deliberately so, in order to create conditions that people are generally unable to manifest by themselves at home and in their everyday lives. Our hope is that this environment will foster a greater ability to recognize one's habitual patterns and to absorb and respond to that which is transmitted in and with the teachings -- and that some of those effects will travel home with each retreatant. Each Céile De teaching event is hosted by a teacher who has been trained and ordained to pass on the tradition in its purest form. Typically:
- Days begin with meditation before breakfast.
- During the morning and afternoon, several hour-long sessions are devoted to teachings and to sharing insights and experiences related to the teachings, with breaks for silent reflection in between.
- We try to locate our retreats at venues with extensive grounds and include time in each day's schedule to engage with Nature, God's first scripture.
- There is another meditation or some other spiritual practice at midday and again before dinner.
- Usually, there is some free time after dinner, followed by optional evening sessions that give retreatants the choice to rest a little -- or stay engaged.
- Every day ends with a meditation around 9 pm, after which we go straight to bed, in the Great Silence, and hope for rich dreams after a day filled with soul nourishment.
We aim to hold silence at all times outside of sessions.
Our annual gathering is a Residential Teaching Retreat and our teaching sessions are supported by frequent, contemplative practices. A peaceful silence is held at all times between teaching sessions in order to aid absorption of the powerful energies transmitted during teachings and practices. You can read more about the culture of silence at our teaching retreats HERE.
Holy Spirit Retreat Center
Holy Spirit is an oasis in the middle of busy Los Angeles, located in the Encino neighborhood, with a lake, walking trails, and plentiful outdoor seating. For more information including directions, accommodations, and meals, please visit https:/www.hsrcenter.com
Newcomers will have the opportunity to consider further, ongoing teachings and practices with Céile Dé circles in the Northern California, Central Coast, and Los Angeles areas. Each group offers a powerful container for those who seek a path that invites commitment and openness to real inner change.
Before You Register
As challenges continue with the pandemic, each one of us is called upon to discern our own way forward, in light of what feels right for us and our families and of what concerns we hold for those with whom we will be in contact during a retreat. This means that there are additional factors that you will need to consider BEFORE you register. Please take the time to read our Terms & Conditions and digest them thoroughly.
Registration & Payment Information
After you register here, you may pay by mail using a check or make your payment online using a debit or credit card. Payment by mail is preferred.
Your registration fee covers your own accommodations and the cost of travel and accommodations for an ordained Céile Dé teacher. A separate offering for the teachings themselves -- called Deercc in the Céile Dé tradition -- is expected from each attendee at the conclusion of the retreat. For more information, please see Deercc: A Spiritual Practice ~ The Ancient Art of Giving.
You are not officially registered until we receive your deposit.
Your deposit and any other payments will be applied to your invoice as soon as they are received. You can check your balance owed by returning to this website. Any balance is due by October 1 and may be paid by mail or online.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: Please be certain that you are committed to attending this retreat before you register. Your $100 deposit is not refundable, and if the deposit is not paid in a timely manner, we reserve the right to offer your place to someone else. Cancellations received before October 1 will receive refunds of the amount paid, minus the $100 deposit. No refund will be made for cancellations after October 1.
Payment by Mail:
- Register here online, but do not follow the link to pay online. Choose Invoice Me, and you will receive an invoice by email.
- Make your check out to "California Chapter of Termonn", and be sure to write "2022 Teaching Retreat" in the memo line of your check.
- Print out the invoice, and mail it immediately with your $100 deposit check to the address below, along with a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination card.
Online Payment: You can also register and click the "Pay Online" button to pay the total amount using a credit or debit card via PayPal. (Alas, you cannot make partial payments via PayPal at this time, only payment in full.)
Mail checks and vaccination records to:
Janice Freeman Bell
1649 Helena Street
Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
Your COVID-19 Vaccination card can also be scanned or emailed to Janice Freeman Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships:Scholarships for retreat registration costs (but not for travel expenses) are available as Térmonn Trust funds allow. Be sure to pay your deposit by mail by September 1 and follow the instructions on the Scholarships page on this website.
Donations to Térmonn Trust:
If you can afford it, please consider donating to the Térmonn Trust to help others in need attend this teaching retreat.
More Information: For more information about the retreat, email Jackie Marston at email@example.com.