The Shape of a Céile Dé Teaching Retreat
WAITLIST in operation - This retreat has been filled, but we may be able to get more places, so please enter your name on the waitlist if you are truly interested in attending.
Céile Dé annual residential teaching retreats are intensive, deliberately so, in order to create conditions that people are generally unable to manifest by themselves at home and in their everyday lives. This also gives people who are following the tradition an opportunity to receive sufficient material to work with until their next annual teaching retreat. For this, our third Ohio retreat, we will be meeting for four days, so that we can take longer to immerse ourselves in some new practices.
We aim to hold silence at all times outside of sessions.
- Days begin with meditation before breakfast.
- Generally there are two teaching sessions of around one hour's duration every morning, with a break between for silent reflection. Afternoons include another teaching session and time to spend in quiet reflection, either in Nature or indoors, as you wish.
- There is another session of sacred conversation, contemplation, or some other spiritual practice before dinner.
- There is usually some free time after dinner, but optional events are available, giving retreatants the choice to rest a little - or stay intense!
- Every day ends with a meditation around 9 pm, after which we go straight to bed and hope for rich dreams after a day filled with soul nourishment.
Our annual gathering is a ‘Teaching Retreat’, because it is residential, the teaching sessions are supported by frequent contemplative practices, and a peaceful silence is held at all times between teaching sessions in order to aid absorption of the powerful energies transmitted during teachings and practices. You can read more about the culture of silence at our teaching retreats HERE.
The Practical Bits
Plan to arrive no later than 4 pm on Wednesday, March 21, in order to settle into your room and be ready for our first session together, which will be dinner at 5 pm. The retreat will conclude with lunch on Sunday, March 25. Once you have booked your place, you will receive occasional emails with further information, both practical and otherwise, to help you prepare for this gathering.
We will be meeting for the first time at River's Edge - A Place for Reflection and Action on 40 acres of grounds in Cleveland, Ohio. All rooms are private. Both residential and commuter options include all meals for four days, beginning with dinner our first night and ending with lunch on Sunday. Please note dietary needs on your registration form.
Ongoing Community: Newcomers will have the opportunity to consider further, ongoing teachings and practices within established Céile Dé groups that offer a powerful container for those who seek a path that invites commitment and openness to real inner change.
Registration & Payment
Online: You can register and pay the total amount using a credit or debit card via PayPal. (Sorry, you cannot make partial payments via PayPal at this time). Complete your registration online and then continue by clicking the PAY button.
- Register here online, but do not follow the link to pay online. Instead, click on the "Invoice me" button.
- Print out the invoice and mail it with your $100 deposit to:
Termonn - East Coast Chapter
c/o Melinda Gardiner
5 Dawson Road
Hillsdale, NY 12529.
- Please make checks out to "Termonn - East Coast Chapter". Be sure to write "2018 Ohio Teaching Retreat" in the memo line of your check.
- Your deposit and any other payments will be applied to your invoice online.
- Your balance is due by March 1 and can be paid by mail or online.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received before March 1 will receive refunds of the amount paid, minus the $100 deposit. No refund will be made for cancellations after March 1.
Scholarships: Scholarships for retreat registration costs (but not for travel expenses) are available as Termonn Trust funds allow. Be sure to register by February 1 and follow the instructions on the Scholarships page on this website.
If you can afford it, please consider donating to the Termonn Trust to help others in need attend retreats.