Begin and end every day with Rùn together...
Do paidirean and oran turais in a place that has known
our prayers and chants for centuries...
Take pilgrimages to sacred and beautiful places,
both well-known and less-known...
A two-hour teaching session each morning with Sister Fionn,
in the most ancient, free-form teaching style known
to our tradition, called 'Immradi Senchas'...
All of this and the precious gift of bonding with fellow caimeachs
in deep and sacred intentional silence.
If this retreat is full,
please sign up for our waiting list, HERE.
This is a Caim-only retreat. If you are not a member of the Caim, you will need to attend an introductory retreat first.
In these retreats, our days will begin with rùn together before breakfast and will end with rùn before we each go to our dreams.
In the mornings we will gather together in our meeting house for Immradi Senchas, an ancient free-form way of teaching favoured by certain Céile Dé teachers.
In Immradi Seanchas, the teacher opens to what is received in the moment, speaking from the inner place where his or her own Anam meets with the Mystery both within and beyond the teachings and the hearts and needs of everyone in the circle. What comes forth is what is needed.
In the afternoons we may roam the island alone if we wish, or some may choose to go together on guided pilgrimages to various parts of this sacred island, to receive the teachings of this most ancient Anam Chara, Iona herself.
We will hold silence during certain parts of our days. These times will always be clearly boundaried.
We should have a term for the special relationship between those of us who have shared an Iona retreat together. It is very real.. Come and find out what it is.. and what makes so many of us come back again and again.
Erraid House is just up the lane from the boat landing. The cottage is a traditional, whitewashed house now most beautifully refurbished to provide every 21st century comfort in a traditional setting. Downstairs are a spacious sitting room with panelled and beamed ceiling, open fire anddirect views of the Abbey, and a separate dining room, with half the wall opened to the fully up-to-date kitchen. A utility room and bathroom complete the downstairs accommodation, while upstairs are four bedrooms (able to house Fionn and five retreatants only) and a further wetroom/shower.
Retreat Cost (if choosing your own accommodation)
This option is FULLY booked.
If Erraid House is already full, you will need to choose your own accommodations. In this case, the retreat cost is $400 (approx £240). This includes daily teachings and rùns and use of Erraid House's living room during the day, daily pilgrimage walks plus retreat facilitation.
Accommodations on Iona can be difficult to find, so please go and look for a place right away. If you haven't been to Iona before, be advised that some places can be a fair walk from Erraid House where we will be meeting daily for teachings and rùns.
- Please register here online but do NOT pay the full amount online.
- Go to http://www.isle-of-iona.net/accommodation/ and find your own accommodations. If you have questions about how far it is to Erraid house, please contact Carol at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have accommodations, you can pay the full amount of your invoice using the Termonn website. Alternatively, you can pay your deposit by mail to Termonn, Inc., PO Box 263, Westminster, VT 05158 [USA]. Please make checks out to "Termonn, Inc." Be sure to write "2015 Iona Retreat, Second Week" in the memo line of your check. You can also send funds to email@example.com using your Paypal account.
- We will hold your place for 14 days and will need to receive your $150 nonrefundable deposit to secure your space within that time.
- Your second Payment of $250 is due by February 1st, 2015.
Retreat Cost with Accommodations
at Erraid House is $750 (approx. £460)
This option is FULLY booked
This includes twin room accommodation for seven nights in Erraid House, plus daily teachings and rùns, pilgrimage walks and retreat facilitation. It does not include food during your stay.
We recommend that you bring £200 to cover the costs of all of your food for one week on Iona -- this amount includes shared dinners between retreatants staying in Erraid House as well as breakfasts and lunches, which you can take care of yourself. This amount also anticipates the cost of eating in a restaurant on two evenings.
Registration & Payments: Everyone, no matter where you may live in the world, must register here online. Once you register you will receive an invoice in U.S. $ by email. You can pay the full amount online or a deposit by mail or using your Paypal account (see payment options below).
- Your Registration with a $150 nonrefundable deposit confirms your place. Your registration is not confirmed until your deposit is received. It must be received within ten days of registering.
- Second payment of $300 due by February 1, 2015
- Final payment of $300 due by March 1, 2015
Please note that the deposit and each subsequent payment is nonrefundable from the time it is paid, unless, of course, the retreat has to be cancelled by us due to unforeseen circumstances.
Payments by mail:
- Register here online, but do not follow the link to pay online. You will receive an invoice by email.
- Print out the invoice and mail it with your $150 non-refundable deposit to: Termonn, Inc., PO Box 263, Westminster, VT 05158 [USA]. Please make checks out to "Termonn, Inc." Be sure to write "2015 Iona Retreat, Second Week" in the memo line of your check.
- Your deposit and any other payments will be applied to your invoice and your updated invoice will be emailed to you.
Online Payments: You can also pay the total amount of your invoice using a credit or debit card using this website. (Sorry, you cannot make partial payments online using this website at this time). Complete your registration online and then continue by clicking the PAY button.
Paypal: If you have a Paypal account, then payments, including the $150 deposit, can also be sent using Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Erraid House, where we will share teachings and rùn.
In order to hold the retreats, Termonn, Inc. has made financial commitments for the rental which are not refundable. If you cancel for any reason, there will be no refund of monies paid unless we can fill the space with another person.
We strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance, including cancellation, because, if you need to cancel, we cannot reimburse you for any payments made. If someone else fills your place before the 1st of March, all but your $150 deposit is refundable.
We apologize that we are not able to offer scholarships for this retreat.
Financial/registration questions, please call or email Beau: